Wednesday, June 19, 2013

HEY, CITY COUNCIL...




...I've got an idea!

I was talking to the owner of the bike shop at Rt. 12 and Morris awhile back.  I mentioned my brainstorm to have an offsite parking lot where visitors to our fair city can park and board an electric shuttle that would pick up and drop off as it travels around a loop of downtown.  FREE!

Maybe Larry McLaughlin can pilot the jitney, too.  

But I digress...

Anyway, he responded positively with words I'd rather not use, the gist of which was, "...I can rent bikes!  And that other guy can rent ELECTRIC BIKES!"

Big empty lot, meets tourists, meets commerce, meets cleaner air...

Heck, there was a plan to put a road through that piece of land.  Instead of encouraging traffic, let's decrease it!

Just sayin'.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to make a comment...